Wednesday, December 18, 2013

yellow.

Say hello to the Yellow Mountains! Talk about gorgeous. Talk about unique. Talk about God's perfect artistry. This was the #1 place that I didn't want to miss out seeing before heading back to the land of red, white, and blue, so Janny and I went last minute this past weekend.
China has taught me so many things about myself- it's brought out the best, and it's brought out the worst. Just like these glorious mountains, China has chiseled the clumsy Julie Dumas of the past into a more defined, articulated girl of the present. One of the things China has shown me however is my slight fear of heights... never knew I had it, but apparently it's in full force. From an old bridge suspended over the Yandang Mountains to the 100 floor observatory in Shanghai and this cable car taking me up to the Yellow Mountains, I've had my fair share of heebie jeebies here in China.















Come everyone, and make an appointment with the views. I'll show you why China has grabbed ahold of the part of my heart where beauty resides....
So these two pictures pretty much define the past 5 months of my life. If you're not Asian, you're automatically a superstar when you come to China just because you look different. Yes, these are 2 of the fan clubs that I picked up on this trip. It's crazy how excited these people get when they see a foreigner... I don't understand it... This group on the bottom had Janny and I do a photoshoot with their company flag. Pretty funny stuff. This is just one of the dozen group pictures that we took haha. Oh Chinese people... 
It's so strange that this adventure is coming to a close here in just under 2 weeks. From the Yellow Mountains to all of my "yellow" friends, I've caught the "yellow fever" big time. I know that my arrival back in the States plus the factor of time will try to cure me of this fever, but they have no chance. I'm forever dedicated to this love. I love these people, I love everything they are about, I love their knowledge of Christ's love despite their drought of the actual teachings of Him. These people know what's up. They've definitely shown me what's up as they have taken me in and loved me over the course of my adventures here in China. 
Oh China, how I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment